|About Us||| Print ||
EdCIL- Introduction EdCIL-a CPSE under the administrative control of MHRD that offers Project Management and Consultancy services in the entire education and Human Resource Development value chain.
Since 1981, EdCIL has been designing comprehensive and ready-to-use solutions for educational institutions, PSUs and Autonomous bodies including IITs, IIMs, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya to help them overcome their social, economic and cultural challenges. You too can take your organization to the next level by signing up with us now.
EdCIL can design customized and implementable solutions for you across a wide range of services such as:
• Online Testing and Assessment: This service focuses on organizing online examinations for recruitment of staff in various PSUs as well as teachers and principals in school and higher educational institutions. It is the biggest vertical of EdCIL which has received an overwhelming market response with clients which include Central and State Govts, large PSU’s and autonomous bodies. EdCIL conducted online tests for 1.5 million candidates during F/Y 2015-16.
• Advisory: EdCIL helps conceptualize your institution’s vision , mission, objectives and identify key issues e.g the feasibility of digitization and in addition provide services in areas like developing detailed project reports, designing governance philosophy, training design, impact assessment, organisation restructuring and design of new education schemes.
• Educational Infrastructure Management: Providing end to end PMC (Project Management Consultancy) services to clients looking to develop school and higher education infrastructure.
• Educational Procurement: Manage the procurement cycle end to end involving procurement of educational aids such as furniture, hi-tech lab equipment, audio-visual aids, books and school kits.
• Digital Education System: Provides project management services for ERP System implementation, smart classrooms, wifi enabling of campuses and digitization of libraries and university records.
• Overseas Education Products: Get international students to be placed in your institution or temporarily transfer your faculty and experts to institutions in Asia and Africa.
• Technical Support Groups: EdCIL’s logistical support group specialising in operational support to MHRD in implementing several Mega Pan-India projects e.g SSA (Sarva Shisksha Abhiyan), RUSA (Rashtreeya Uchhatar Shiksha Abhiyan) etc.
The company more than doubled its turnover to `175 crores during FY 15-16. The company has been rated by DPE to “excellent” as per the performance in FY16.
EdCIL’s performance in the last few years speaks volumes about its ability to deliver on its promises. The Department of Public Enterprises in India rated EdCIL’s performance as “Excellent” four times in the last decade.
EdCIL was also awarded the “Prime Minister's Award of Excellence” in 1999. The Government of India has classified EdCIL as a “Mini Ratna Organization”, certifying its profitability and stability. The company owing to higher profitability has now become eligible to qualify to be a Mini Ratna (Category-I) CPSE.